Bird Watchers Field Club: 4th Sunday outing
Sunday, 28 August 2022
7 AM to 10 AM approx
Hesaraghatta Lake, Travelers Bungalow
Location of meeting point
For more information on the Hesaraghatta Conservation efforts, please visit
If you are a little late, just come up to the bund of the lake and join the group.
- Contact number: Ulhas Anand: 9845171063
- Please do car-pool as much as possible.
- Wear dull-coloured clothes, hats/caps are essential, light rain gear, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring binoculars, bird books/apps, and cameras if you like.
- Bring plenty of water, and snacks if you would like to share.
Image Credit: The original uploader was Nikkul at English Wikipedia., CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
BIRDWATCHERS’ FIELD CLUB OF BANGALORE
Announcement: The third Sunday Bangalore North Nature Walk is on 16th October 2022.
When: 16th October 2022, Sunday, at 6.30 am.
Where: Jakkur Lake (Sampigehalli Gate)
Terrain: Walkable path by the lake. It could be muddy in places due to rain.
Clothing/wear: Dull colored clothes, shoes, cap, jacket/rain cover is a good idea considering that it is raining these days.
Equipment: Binoculars, spotting scopes, and cameras as you deem fit. Cameras are allowed.
Join this group for logistics, carpooling, etc.
We meet at the Lalbagh West Gate, next to Lalbagh Metro Station, approx at around 7.30am and walk towards the Rose garden, before turning towards the lake.
This is the regular 2nd Sunday birding outing of the Bird Watchers’ Field Club.
- A notebook and a pen.
- Binoculars, if you have one.
- Enough water and snacks to get you through the walk.
- A bag that leaves your hands free to use the binoculars to watch birds.
- Dull coloured clothes that do not attract attention and scare away birds. Greens, greys, and browns work best.
- Clothes that are easy to move about in.
- Good walking shoes.
- Rain gear or sun protection, according to the weather.
Do note that
- Cameras are not allowed by Lalbagh authorities.
- Parking on the main roads around the park is not advisable, please consider using one of the side streets.