November 3, 2024
7:30 am / 9:30 am
Hebbal Lake Park
We meet at the entrance to the Hebbal Lake Park, off Outer Ring Road, approx at around 7.30am and walk towards inside the garden adjoining the lake.
This is the regular 1st Sunday birding outing of the Bird Watchers’ Field Club.
Directions from Shyamal, 4 May 2014: It may be a little tricky with the poorly designed signage that is now in place. If you are coming from Mekhri overpass, then you need to get onto the Hebbal flyover where it says Airport / Tumkur road (the sign also says Toll way and is in green colour). Turn left on that divided path towards Tumkur road and go down the road, you will see the lake on your right. Go ahead about half a km and go left of the next flyover and turn around under it to return back towards the Hebbal flyover and get into the service lane and you will see the entrance to the lake park.
- A notebook and a pen.
- Binoculars and camera, if you have one. Cameras are charged by Lalbagh authorities after 9 AM and needs to be paid on the spot.
- Enough water and snacks to get you through the walk.
- A bag that leaves your hands free to use the binoculars to watch birds.
- Dull coloured clothes that do not attract attention and scare away birds. Greens, greys and browns work best.
- Clothes that are easy to move about in.
- Good walking shoes.
- Rain gear or sun protection, according to the weather.